Destination Melbourne is the Regional Tourism Organisation for Melbourne.
Our team is guided by the following values:
Innovation | Accountability | Integrity | Excellence | Respect
Our behaviour and decision making processes are lead by the values, which also feed into our core objectives and business model. Our programs are developed through the re-investment of our surpluses in programs and activities that support the visitor experience and help the industry grow.
We work with business; community and government to help grow Melbourne as an outstanding global visitor experience and specialise in:
- Co-operative marketing and visitor publications
- Industry development including training programs, networking events and forums
- Industry leadership; advocate on behalf of the visitor experience through cost effective marketing programs that encourage visitation, dispersal and yield.
We do this with the active support of Tourism Victoria, City of Melbourne, our sponsors and partners.
Our initiatives include:
- Build upon our relationship with Local Government, with particular focus on Discover Your Own Backyard campaign and the visiting friends and relatives market
- Pursuit of the Visitability Agenda
- Support the growth of the Chinese visitor market
- Continue to work closely with City of Melbourne, Melbourne Convention + Visitors Bureau, Tourism Victoria and the Victoria Major Events Company through the Melbourne Tourism partnership.
For a full list of all Destination Melbourne’s activities, products and initiatives please click here to download Destination Melbourne’s 2013 Program.
Destination Melbourne is committed to providing environmental and social sustainability within our own business operations.
- Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy
- Environmental Action Plan
- Environmental Case Study
- 10 Tips for Treading Lightly