Melbourne Official Visitor Map
The Melbourne Official Visitor Map provides visitors with a comprehensive overview of how to get around Melbourne. The map covers inner Melbourne and the immediate surrounds, detailing Melbourne’s train and tram services and features key attractions within the CBD and city fringe. It is endorsed by Tourism Victoria, Public Transport Victoria and the IMAP Group as the only Official Visitor Map to Melbourne, with unparalleled distribution at all key points of arrival throughout Melbourne.
In January 2014, Destination Melbourne in conjunction with the IMAP Group conducted an extensive piece of Visitor Research on both the Melbourne Official Visitor Map and the Inner Melbourne Map. Based on the results of this Visitor Research, the IMAP Group partnered with Destination Melbourne to produce one Visitor Map for Melbourne. As a result, production of the IMAP Inner Melbourne Map ceased and the Melbourne Official Visitor Map is now the key visitor tool, with a total of 1 million maps distributed each year at all key points of arrival throughout Melbourne.
- Melbourne Visitor Information Centres – Federation Square and Bourke Street Mall
- Flinders Street and Southern Cross railway stations
- City Circle Tram
- Direct distribution to international conference and event delegates via Melbourne Convention Bureau
- Melbourne conference venues
- City and metropolitan hotels and attractions
- Accredited Visitor Information Centres throughout Victoria
- 1,000,000 annually