Melbourne Official Visitor Map
The Melbourne Official Visitor Map provides visitors with a comprehensive overview of how to get around Melbourne. The map covers inner Melbourne and the immediate surrounds, detailing train and tram services and featuring key attractions within the CBD and city fringe. It is endorsed by Tourism Victoria, Public Transport Victoria and the IMAP Group and has unparalleled distribution at all key points of arrival throughout Melbourne.
In January 2014, Destination Melbourne in conjunction with the IMAP Group conducted an extensive visitor research on both the Melbourne Official Visitor Map and the Inner Melbourne Map. Based on the results of this Visitor Research, the IMAP Group partnered with Destination Melbourne to produce one visitor map for Melbourne. As a result, production of the IMAP Inner Melbourne Map ceased and the Melbourne Official Visitor Map is now the key visitor tool, with a total of one million maps distributed each year.
- Melbourne Visitor Centres – Federation Square, Fitzroy Gardens and Bourke Street Mall
- Flinders Street and Southern Cross railway stations
- City Circle Tram
- Direct distribution to international conference and event delegates via Melbourne Convention Bureau
- City and metropolitan hotels, attractions and conference venues
- Accredited Visitor Information Centres throughout Victoria
- 1,000,000 annually